COVID-19 PROTECTION AND SAFETY PLAN FOR THE GEORGETOWN MORGUE
Here at the Georgetown Morgue, the health and safety of our customers and staff have always been one of our top priorities. We appreciate your support of our family-owned Small Business. We love providing a fun place for people to get scared, and now, more than ever, it is a safer place as well. We have always kept our facility clean and sanitized for the safety of our staff and customers. But now we are adding several extra measures to further protect everyone. Staff will be continuously walking through the attraction every night making sure everything is safe. Intense daily inspections of our walkthrough will be performed by checking our walls, props, animatronics, customer paths, and actor areas. We have cleaners come in daily during our season to clean the facility from the night before. We will also be doing multiple cleanings each night, sanitizing, and wiping down high touch areas to ensure the area is safe.
With the current COVID-19 situation, we have gone even further and taken extra steps following health guidelines to ensure the safety and health of our customers and staff while having a screaming good time.
1. Masks: All customers will be required to wear a nose and mouth covering (if mandated by state or local laws). No one will be allowed to enter without a face covering.
2. Maintain Distancing Guidelines for Groups: Safety staff, and printed signage will remind groups to remain distanced between them and others that are not part of their household.
3. Disclaimers and Warnings: Printed signs will be posted at the box office and at the entrance warning customers to not enter if they are experiencing flu-like or COVID-like symptoms or are feeling ill.
4. Capacity: Capacity can be reduced/managed to allow for appropriate social distancing.
5. Entering the Haunt: Guests will enter the haunt with only their immediate group (no strangers) and be reminded to stay at least 6’ away from any groups that they may encounter within the haunt. Random groups will not be merged, you will be only entering with the people you have arrived with. Customers will be timed to allow adequate distances between groups. Staff will be posted inside the attraction as well, to ensure customers are following distancing measures.
6. Increased Cleaning of All Surfaces (handrails, doors, restrooms, etc.): Additional staff will be hired for dedicated sanitation duties. To include minimums of every 45-minute cleaning rotations of all handrails, doorknobs, etc. and every 30 minutes for all restrooms using a 1000ppm sanitation solution. Additionally, other staff will be periodically cleaning their specific areas/rooms inside and outside of the attraction.
7. Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand pump sanitizing stations will be available at the property entrance, queue space, exit of the attraction. Customers will be asked to sanitize their hands before entering the building.
8. Ticketing: Online ticket sales and purchases will be strongly encouraged over on-site cash/card.
CAST AND CREW Management
• All Staff will be wearing face masks as per the CDC Guidelines.
• Staff Screening: All Cast, and Crew will have Daily Temperature Checks and will be screened for symptoms and questioned about recent travel before entering the building. Actors who are sick with a fever or cold/flu symptoms etc. will not be allowed to work.
• Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand pump sanitizing stations will be available throughout the cast areas of the attraction.
• No Sharing/Exchanging Costumes/Masks: Staff shall not be allowed to change costumes/characters/masks in show, ensuring less cross-contamination. Staff will maintain social distancing when preparing for nightly shows, cast members will not be sharing costumes/character areas/masks or props. Nightly cleaning and disinfecting of masks, face shields, goggles, and costumes will be conducted via washing, wiping, and/or use of disinfecting foggers, following CDC cleaning guidelines and sanitation solution/mixture.
We have been working hard to prepare our attraction so we can safely open while following current health guidelines. We cannot wait to show you our new changes!
Thank you for being such patient and loyal fans of the Georgetown Morgue Haunted House through these challenging times. The wait will be well worth it, with big changes and new scares!!!