COVID-19 PROTECTION AND SAFETY PLAN FOR THE GEORGETOWN MORGUE
For the 2020 Halloween Season, Seattlehaunts has adapted to the COVID-19 pandemic by producing the first ever SELF-GUIDED TOUR of the GEORGETOWN MORGUE HAUNTED HOUSE. With this being our 13th year at this location, we have put together a well-lit, non-touch, walk through Halloween experience, that you can enjoy with your private group of 5 people or less. After purchasing your timed ticket online with your group, you will have a set time to arrive for the tour. Please arrive with masks, of course. There will be sanitizer provided at the entrance and exit, and an option for gloves as well.
Unfortunately, our amazing world-renowned acting squad, will not be able to perform this season, it would have been their 27th consecutive year. They will, however, be practicing too bring you an extra horrific Halloween season in 2021.
We cannot wait to show you the new changes we made this year at the Georgetown Morgue! Come and check us out!
Here at the Georgetown Morgue, the health and safety of our customers and staff have always been one of our top priorities. We appreciate your support of our family-owned small business. We love providing a fun place for people to get scared, and now, more than ever, it is a safer place as well. We have always kept our facility clean and sanitized for the safety of our staff and customers. But now we are adding several extra measures to further protect everyone. Staff will be continuously walking through the attraction every night making sure everything is safe. Intense daily inspections of our walkthrough will be performed by checking our walls, props, animatronics, and customer paths. We will have cleaners come in daily during our season to clean the facility from the night before. We will also be doing multiple cleanings each night, sanitizing and wiping down high touch areas to ensure the area is safe.
With the current COVID-19 situation, we have gone even further and taken extra steps following health guidelines to ensure the safety and health of our customers and staff while having a screaming good time.
- Ticketing: All tickets are now sold in timed ticketing slots. You will be able to select the date and time you would like to take the tour. There will be a limited amount of tickets sold every Quarter hour (15 minutes), to ensure adequate distancing between tours.
- Self-Guided Tour/Entering the Haunt: Guests will enter the haunt with only their immediate group. The group will be timed to allow adequate distances between groups. If you arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled time slot, you will be asked to please wait in your car until your scheduled time slot for the tour.( For Example: If you scheduled time slot is 1:00pm-1:15pm and you arrive at 12:55pm or 1:10pm you can proceed to the entrance. If your scheduled time slot is 1:00pm-1:15pm and you arrive at 12:45pm we will ask you to please wait in your car until 1:00pm, then you can proceed to the entrance.) Staff will be posted inside the tour as well, but not in the view of the public, to ensure flow and that customers are following distancing measures.
- Masks: All customers will be required to wear a nose and mouth covering (if mandated by state or local laws). No one will be allowed to enter without a face covering.
- Maintain Distancing Guidelines: Safety staff, audio broadcasts, and printed signage will remind groups to remain distanced between them and others that are not part of their household. Digital signage will rotate every 45-60 seconds in our projections/slideshows for all customers to see.
- Disclaimers and Warnings: Printed signs will be posted at the entrance warning customers to not enter if they are experiencing flu-like or COVID-like symptoms or are feeling ill.
- Capacity: Capacity has been reduced to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Increased Cleaning of All Surfaces (handrails, doors, restrooms, etc.): Staff will be hired for dedicated sanitation duties. To include minimums of every 45-minute cleaning rotations of all handrails, doorknobs, etc. and every 30 minutes for all restrooms using a 1000ppm sanitation solution.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand sanitizing stations will be available at the haunt entrance, haunt exit, and portable restroom area. Customers will be asked to sanitize their hands before entering the building. Gloves are also available.
CAST AND CREW Management
- All Staff will be wearing face masks as per the CDC Guidelines.
- Staff Screening: All Staff will have Daily Temperature Checks and will be screened for symptoms and questioned about recent travel before entering the building. Staff who are sick with a fever or cold/flu symptoms etc. will not be allowed to work.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the staff areas of the building.
We have been working hard to prepare the Georgetown Morgue so we can safely open, while following current health guidelines. We cannot wait to show you our new changes!
Thank you for being such patient and loyal fans of the Georgetown Morgue Haunted House through these challenging times. The wait will be well worth it, with big changes and new scares!!!